Compliant with Controlled Drugs Legislation
To the date below, our software is compliant with the Safer Management of Controlled Drugs legislation.
Below is a brief list detailing some of the ways in which we are compliant with the legislation.
Safer Management of Controlled Drugs (CDs): Changes to Record Keeping Requirements February 2008 Schedule 26. "...It is a requirement to record the following information in relation to the identity of the person collecting a schedule 2 CD supplied on prescription:
- Whether the person who collected the drug was the patient, the patients representative or a healthcare professional acting on behalf of the patient and;
- If the person who collected the drug was the patient or their representative and whether evidence of identity was requested;
- if the person collecting was a healthcare professional acting on behalf of the patient, that person's name and address;
- and whether evidence of identity was provided by the person collecting the drug"
Safer Management of Controlled Drugs (CDs): Changes to Record Keeping Requirements February 2008 Schedule 15 "The guidance makes clear that if the CDR is held in computerised form then the best practise requires that:
- Safeguards should be incorporated in the software to make sure that the author of each entry is identifiable
- Entries cannot be altered at a later date
- A log of all data entered is kept and can be recalled for audit purposes."